Our summer reading challenge is coming to a close–but it’s not too late to squeeze in a few more books!
- Read whatever you like, as often as you can. Read books, magazines,comics, e-books, Brain Pop, Jr, newspapers, anything!
- Fill out the log for each day that you do any reading at all, even if it’s only for a few minutes. (A few minutes a day will add up to a lot by the end of the summer!) Ask your parent or adult reading sponsor to sign your log at the end of each week.
- At the end of the summer, add up all your weekly reading minutes and record the Grand Total on the scorecard on the last page of this booklet.
- Visit a local library 5 times to earn 100 bonus minutes!
Earn a certificate if you read 500 – 999 minutes total (15-20 minutes a day x 5 days a week for 9 weeks)
Earn a medal if you read 1,000+ minutes total (25+ minutes a day x 5 days a week for 9 weeks)
For more details and forms, check for the Summer Reading packets in your backpack, or click here. Happy reading!
Mark your calendar! The PS 198M Annual Spring Carnival is on:
Saturday, June 2, 2018
12 PM – 4 PM
This is a super-fun event for the whole family. Help make it a success! We need volunteers for the following:
- Connect with neighborhood businesses and invite them to the carnival.
- Invite vendors to participate by putting up a table at the carnival! It’s a great opportunity for vendors to support our school while also marketing their own business to more than a thousand potential new customers. Please have vendors fill out an application form and event policy agreement, which can be downloaded and printed here. Or click here to register online.
- Donate food or supplies; or help set up, clean up, or head up an activity or food booth. Click here.
For anyone who’d like to help out, please join our conference call on Tuesday, May 8, at 7PM.
Email Mary Miele (email@example.com
) to sign up.
Thanks for your support!
Don’t miss the PS 198 Student Showcase this week on Wednesday, May 16! For the first time ever, 28 of our 1st through 4th graders will be performing for seniors at the Stanley M. Isaacs Neighborhood Center at 415 East 93rd St —and all P.S. 198 families are invited! Expect a fast-paced evening, filled with fun skits, music, and dance. So please come and support our students as well as the seniors in our community. The show will take place from 5:30PM to 6:45PM, and the suggested donation is $2 per ticket. See you there!
If you live in New York City, and would like to find out more information about our programs (including G&T, kindergarten, or pre-K), please email Danielle Santana, parent coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
It’s a school-wide reading activity! It’s a fundraiser! Most of all, it’s a way to encourage our students to read more. Throughout March, our students will focus their efforts on increasing their independent-reading time in classrooms as well as at home.
Please encourage and support them!
To start, help your child create a read-a-thon page by clicking here (use the secret code your child will receive in class).
To track our school’s progress, click here.
For more details, check out our video, above!
(Video: Principal Katharine Macmanus and students. Music: Back On The Road Again, by Scott Holmes)