We are pleased to announce PS 198’s Expanded After School Program for the Fall!
The fall semester will start the week of 9/28 and go until the end of the week of 1/18 (with the week of 1/25 reserved for make-ups). The semester is longer this year with some classes going until 5pm. Click here for program details and to register.
Please note that if registration is low, programs will be cancelled.
Please NOTE, there are some changes.
- The Fall semester will start the week of 9/28 and go until the end of the week of 1/18 (with the week of 1/25 for make-ups).
- There will be 2 semesters consisting of about 14- 15 weeks. (In the past we had 3 terms of about 12 weeks.)
- Each individual company and program will be handling all communications and logistics including class cancellations.
- Each program will be picking up your child at dismissal. If your child is dismissed from school at 2:15PM or 2:20PM, the program will be onsite at pick up.
- Many of the programs have been extended until 5PM or have created programs that enable families to choose one program from 2:30PM-330PM and their program from 3:30PM-5PM
- Dismissal and pick up will be handled by each individual program. At this time, the PTA does not anticipate having staff on-site. If you have questions regarding a specific program, please reach out to that program directly. Each program requests that you pick up your child ON TIME.
- Please note that children enrolled in an After School Program must abide by the NYC Discipline Code and each company’s own Code of Conduct that governs students’ behavior and may be removed from an After School program, without refund, if their conduct violates the Discipline Code.
- If you sign your child up for one program and they need to be dismissed to another program at school, a written note must be provided to each organization.
- Unless your child is signed up for After School between 2:30PM to 3:30PM, there will be no supervision from dismissal until the 3:30PM to 5:00PM session begins.
- Many of the programs offer payment plans, should you be interested in staggering your payments.
- The process for signing up your child for Beacon has not changed and is separate from the PS198 After School Program. If your child is enrolled in Beacon and signs up for a PS 198 After School Program, the After School Program must be notified that your child should be dismissed to Beacon.
- The After School Committee needs your help. To volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All children enrolled in the After School Program should have fun, we ask that you please speak to your child before enrolling them in any program.