International Night is on January 24. This FRIDAY is the last day to buy Early Bird tickets! ($12 instead of $15) Also, buying your tickets online gets you a fast pass at check-in! You can buy tickets, sign up to volunteer, donate food, sponsor a teacher, or all of the above! Just click here.
If you can make or donate a main course (good for 25 people), please sign up. It needs to be delivered by 5:30. Our LAST MEETING is next Tuesday, Jan 22nd at 8:15 AM in the cafeteria.
Pledging is NOW OPEN for the PS 198M Fun Run! We’re aiming to get:
100% of families to participate
3 pledges per student
$15,000 School Profit for School Enrichment.
The easiest way to help us reach our goals is through our easy SHARE feature on the Fun Run site. Make a Student Star video to share with Facebook Friends. Copy and paste the email template and then send to family, friends, and local businesses! See you at the Fun Run on February 8!
This school year’s International Night will be held on:
Thursday, January 24th, at 5:30PM.
Come help us plan this exciting event!
The next International Night Meeting will be held on Thursday, December 6th at 8:15 AM
International Night is a joint collaboration between PS 198 and PS 77. It’s an amazing community event, and we are looking for parents to host and assist in showcasing their country at a table. (The kids love getting their “passport” stamped at each of these tables.)
We are also looking for food donations, performance scouting and general help. We created a google signup that lists all our volunteering roles along with descriptions and time commitments. And if you would like to help, but don’t have the time – think of becoming a sponsor! Sponsor a teacher to attend or help fund a table – it’s all on the sign-up. Please click here
It’s time for our annual read-a-thon fund raiser!
Your child can participate whether or not you or anyone else from your extended family is able to make a donation. We want 100% student participation in READING!
Here’s what you can do to help:
- Set up your child’s personalized reading page by clicking here (use the secret code your child will receive in class). To track our school’s progress, click here.
- Start singing our Read-a-Thon theme song for the 2018-2019 school year. It’s to the tune “Ob la di” by The Beatles.
- READ, READ, READ and log those minutes with your child from November 19th- November 30th.
- Share the fundraising link with family and friends!
- Check out our Read-a-Thon video, above, which will explain more! (Video: Principal Katharine DeBenedictis and students. Music: Back On The Road Again, by Scott Holmes)